inquiry 012799a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012799a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:13:44 -0500
Alvin and Lucille Johnson wrote:
>Subject: Re: Soft Top Frame Question
>They were all grey. Rustoleum Navy grey was a good match.

(originality freaks, delete now) What color is the underside of your
chosen soft-top? Mine is black, so (after dipping, not sandblasting, as
I was worried about grit getting stuck in the joints, YMMV) I painted
mine black and I think it looks better. Also, the "bend" the vinyl takes
over the top-most bow looks awfully sharp, so I glued a thin layer of
foam over it and had Susan, my wife, sew some black vinyl over that.
Protects the underside of the top a mite from potential tears. Did it 5
years ago, I've had the top up mebbe twice since then, it works great.
:^)

John A. Newquist wrote:
>Subject: Ball Joints
>In need of upper/lower ball joints for 66 tiger.

John, it was I that was bidding against you on eBay for a set of uppers.
I give up. Going with SS's, I guess.

 John Logan wrote:
>The Creative Group Ltd, which now owns Jensen, has shown their new
>prototype at the British International Motor show.

Looked neat in a recent magazine photo to me; then again, I like the
original CV8, an acquired taste for sure. I wonder about importation
possibilities and selling price. I wouldn't expect anything to steal
sales from Hyundai, but I'm weary of reading about performance cars in
the $100,000 to $1,000,000 range. Gee, anybody can make a nice car with
that much $$ to play with. Nice thing about the Tiger, it always was
affordable for what you got.

Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:
>Subject: Re: Ball Joints
>John, there's an add in the latest CAT newletter. With the ball joints
you
>need new in Rootes boxes.  here's the guy phone number:
>Ken Mattice

I called Ken last night and they're already gone. I also forgot to ask
him about something that fellow Marylander Wally Swift insisted I talk
to him about, some kind of killer Panhard rod. But to make sure I waited
past California dinner time, I had to stay up past my (East coast) bed
time, wasn't thinking straight.

Larry Wright wrote:
>Allard

Finally figured out what to do about "bombing the list"; I had my
personal entries in my Address Book lumped together, so, if I was
chatting with someone about Allards or Facels or Monteverdis (gee,
Tigers aren't the only car I'm interested in), I was one slip of the
cursor from sending the message to the Tiger Folk. It's been fixed, by
moving the List entrie in the Address book. That simple. Again,
apologies.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP