Fan belt pulley.

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan belt pulley.
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:23:50 -0500
I have the same problem as another lister who described his set-up
earlier this week. A previous owner changed either the fan belt pulley
or the whole water pump set up so that the generator had to be moved
forward about half an inch, maybe a little more. This was accomplished
by means of a number of large flat washers located between the generator
bracket and the block. One of the results of this was that the fan part
of the generator pulley fouled the small bracket welded on to the wheel
well, so the end of the bracket was hacked off to provide clearance.

In the box of bits which I got with the car were two fan belt pulleys
with similar bolt patterns (4 holes on a 7/8" radius circle) and similar
sized belt grooves (about 1/2" between the high points on either side),
but with
differing centre hole sizes and different distances from the mounting
face to the centre of the belt groove. The first has a 5/8" centre hole,
and a distance of 2" from the mounting face to the centre of the V. The
second has a 1" hole, and a distance of 2 1/2".

I am attempting to get things back to normal. Is either one of these
pulleys the correct one for the Tiger?

John Slade
Manotick, ON
B9470349