inquiry 012999a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012999a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:08:39 -0500
        It seems I need to adjust my driver's side door about every
other time I drive it. The striker in the jamb just won't stay put.
There's a good reason; only one bolt will tighten. Nothing is wrong with
the bolts. However, there's a little "plate" that "floats" on the
backside of the jamb with two holes in it to receive the bolts, and one
hole is stripped. It had been a while since I last looked at it, but I
recall it was held in place by a few tabs of sheet metal, so it could
move around and thus allow adjustment of the striker.
        I have been putting up with this for sooooo long, figuring I'd
have to fabricate a new plate. Didn't occur to me to ask if anyone might
have a spare sitting in a parts car they might part with. Or is this
common to everyone's Sunbeam, making the plate as rare and valuable as
heater valves?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP