Re: Plus and Minus electrics

To: "Rande Bellman" <rande@thecia.net>,
Subject: Re: Plus and Minus electrics
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:02:13 -0800
    Thanks for the kind note.  It made me smile!  I have always felt that if
it can be imagined, it can be done...in time at least.

    I just looked at the problem.  Said..Hey!  It 's just electricity.  And
figured that the unit didn't actually have to bolted to the car to make sure
it was grounded...A wire would just fine.....and so it did, and all worked
out fine.

    Now some would say this was done with Smoke and mirrors...  The answer
is no...That's what you use when it Doesn't work.  Mirrors to locate the
Source of the leaking SMOKE....Not good !

OH   WARNING !!!!

If you are planning on doing what I did.   PLEASE be sure to check your
antenna lead to be sure that the shielded side of the antenna lead is NOT
associated with the Chassis ground.  They shouldn't be, but sometimes they
are ground out at the Antenna itself...Not good if you are reversing the
polarity with my trick.  A Simple Ohm meter check will verify this for you..

Rich