Re: Dual Master Cylinder

To: jamesbrt@mindspring.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dual Master Cylinder
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:52:56 EST
In a message dated 99-02-02 23:14:23 EST, jamesbrt@mindspring.com writes:

<< Folks,
         While I have my Tiger apart I decided to change to a dual
 master cylinder.  I have it installed, but have yet to hook up
 the new brake lines.   I am conserned that my logic on hydralics
 may be flawed.
         Assuming that the bore of the dual master cylinder is
 the same as the original Tiger and the peddle linkage is the
 same as the original Tiger:

          Will I require 2X the peddle pressure or the same peddle
  pressure as the original Tiger,  given the same braking quanity?

        Consider:
          The Tiger master cylinder pushed on 4 wheel cylinders with
 one piston. The new master cylinder will push on 2 wheel cylinders with
 each piston.   The dual cylinder is inline.

Hi Jim,
You will have the same pedal pressure since the cylinders are in series rather
than parallel. If you are using a Ford cylinder, the port in the center goes
to the front brakes and the one on the front end goes to the rear. You may
need a proportioning valve in the system.
John Logan