Re: Minilites and Tech-Del (UK)

To: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Minilites and Tech-Del (UK)
From: David McDermott <David.Mcdermott@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:57:24 -0700
        Larry,

        As you know I was responding to your question as to whether Tech-Del
was in business when you asked " as I've read that Tech Del is back in
business?". My comments were verifying that they were in business and that
they now were making two styles of Minilites and relaying other info they
told me that was news to me. I did not know that they had two styles until a
few months ago when I saw a set of the style that Rick does not sell on
another Tiger. I totally  support and encourage using Rick on the parts that
he sells. I have used Rick as my primary supplier in multiple restorations
over the last twenty years. I have stuck with Rick for so long because of
the quality of his parts and his quick service. I would also buy the
Minilites from Rick if he sold the style I needed.
        I have not had direct experience with Tech-Del except by telephone
and would not even consider buying factory direct unless that was the only
way I could get the wheels I needed. I can verify that the total cost of a
small quantity of Minilites purchased factory direct would be much more than
buying them here in the states primarily because of shipping and the other
extra costs.  It is helpful to know others experiences even if it was 3
years ago. I wonder if anyone has had a more recent experience. If so could
you let me know. Thanks.

        Dave McDermott