Re: Clocks

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clocks
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:47:41 -0700
I gave up on the Smiths clock in my TIGER. When I took it apart, to repair
it, I found plastic gears that were probably good for a "Red Light
Warrantee" when the TIGER was new. You perhaps remember the "Red-L-W"  . .
. that is the warrantee that expired when the salesman could no longer see
the tail lights of the car he just sold you.
I replaced the clock with one from a '65 Volvo. It is the same age, same
diameter, close in looks, has jewels and brass gears inside, starts on its
own, and is accurate all day long. But then my attitude is a little
different . . . the TIGER is to drive and the clock is to tell time by.
Godspeed
Jc