inquiry 021799a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 021799a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:23:17 -0500
John Crawley wrote:
>I replaced the clock with one from a '65 Volvo. It is the same age,
same
>diameter, close in looks, has jewels and brass gears inside, starts on
its
>own, and is accurate all day long. But then my attitude is a little
>different . . . the TIGER is to drive and the clock is to tell time by.

        This post, and the several about putting new "guts" in a clock,
got me thinking. Most of us wear wristwatches, don't really need a
clock. I would imagine it would be possible to put innards from another,
non-clock, instrument in the case and still use the clock face for a
stock appearance. A voltmeter, perhaps, or a vacuum gauge? Figuring out
the calibrations so you can read it might be problematic, though. My
personal choice would be a compass (why? I _know_ my garage faces SE),
but have no idea what the donor instrument would be; at least 12, 3, 6 &
9 would be recognizable analogues for N, E, S & W, eh? Or, fuel pressure
for those with gonzo engines if one of those isolators is rigged to keep
fuel out of the cockpit area. Or oil temp, or a bank indicator, or
whatever.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP