Re: inquiry 021799a

To: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: inquiry 021799a
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:31:31 -0800

John Crawley wrote:

> Jim B:
> Will your new "acceleration meter" fit in the 2 in hole?
>
> Also do you have it yet and does it work?
>
> Jc

Yes, it can fit, but:

1) It's a mixture ratio meter (Air/Fuel) not a G-meter.

The Meter is about the same size, but must be open to
fingers to input weight data, and the angles must be changed
to calibrate G, so not suitable for dash mount, but rather
suction cup on the windshield. I do understand the Tesla
G-Meter works fine.

2) On to the A/F meters

The Edelbrock is a row of LED's that sequentially light as
you get to that A/F ratio.  The row will it, the case is
larger and rectangular.  If you gut an old clock body you
can put the meter into a side slotted case, and off center.
The LED's will then be centered in the face.  K&N makes a
more expensive version that will fit a regular 2" round
opening, not the clock hole.

Yes, it works great.  Can tell, instantly, whether your
mixture is correct under any driving condition.  Curing a
problem is, of course, the carb mechanics art form.  Webers
have adjustable everything, but Holleys are more difficult,
but entirely possible.  Lucky for me that a few numbers
richer main jet in the primaries were all I needed to get a
good mixture under all uses, but then I'm using the 465 CFM
LAT Holley, not the 600 or 715.  Since the flow is faster,
it is easier to have a good calibrated range.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >