Re: Fuel pump switch

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel pump switch
From: "Louie & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:30:41 -0700
To all, Actually, a car that stalls is better than a "theft proof" car. E.g.
A theif wants to steal your car. He sets about disabling the various anti
theft devices at his leisure. He then steals it. Scenario 2. A theif hot
wires your car. He drives a ways until the fuel in the float bowls is
expended. Now here he is, a thief, with a stalled car in the middle of the
intersection. If he has any common sense at all, he won't stick around while
all of this attention is being given by passerby's and police! Even if he
revives the car, MANY people will witness the crime. I know of a guy who
this happened to (MGB). They just don't stick around a stalled car. A car
that starts and dies is a better protected car! Oh, everyone else is right.
A sunbeam tiger or alpine is just not a car that is on the "to steal" list.
They want toyotas, dodge vans, bmws and the like. People who steal cars are
supplying a market. Only a joyrider would steal a beam, and that is most
likely a neighborhood punk. You will probably get your car back, after it
smacks a pole, or is torched. Just look for a boy in your neighborhood
wearing Orson Wells' clothing with a ball cap on backwards and shoot him.
Even if he is not responsible, if everyone did this, the problem would take
care of itself.

>This would be a fine anti theft if it were an Injected car i.e the car
would>never start....However, these are all (with a few exceptions)
carburated>engines with float bowls full of fuel.  You might test sometime,
just how>far you can drive on a float bowl fuul of fuel.  You can be sure
they'll get>out of the parking lot and down the road a bit before it pukes.
Ignition>lock out is Much better for anti theft.

>I also realize the reasonable need for a fuel pump switch too.  Why not
use>a double pole single throw switch and cut off both systems with the
same>switch. ???