Good News, Bad news

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News, Bad news
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:59:40 -0500

     O.K., so I finally got my backwards thread wheel studs out of my RF
     hub this weekend.  They came out relatively easy, using just an
     antique acme thread C-clamp.  So much for the good news.  Time for the
     bad:

     These backwards studs were non the same brand, so the PO had to open
     up the holes in the hub just a few thousandths.  The proper studs now
     can wiggle around a bit in the holes.

     I'm thinking of using some 0.002" shim stock to fill up the gap,
     restoring the press fit.

     Does this sound like a reasonable solution?

     Stu