Tigers and Shelby

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tigers and Shelby
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 07:07:15 -0500
Let's give credit where its due.

My understanding is that Shelby built the Bill Carroll prototype that
Ian Garrad road tested and drove before shipping it to Rootes for the
eventualy project OK.

Is it a Shelby car. Does it belong in the Shelby registry. Not a chance.

Does mention of the prototype as well as Shelbys involvement in Tiger
racing belong in a book of Shelby history. Yes, and personally, let's be
even handed about it and mention that his company had developed 260's
for the Tiger LeMans effort while developing 289's for his own. That
information is available to Tiger folks, but how many Shelby fans know
it?

I'm waiting for an updated Shelby history including this and the old/new
Cobra 427 disinformation period for a more balanced view of Shelby
lore.I'll be looking for history, not a hymnal.