Slave Cylinder

To: tym@mediaone.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Slave Cylinder
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:52:08 EST
Hi Tym
 you sent this e-mail earlier today(3/6/99)

<<Tigers,
I'm exchanging the tired 260 in my Mk1A for a fresh 302.
I understand that I should use a different clutch slave cylinder.
Is this #L9 of the CAT Parts?

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell>>>

 Well Tym you almost got it.
 The slave cylinder is the same ,the bracket is different beacuse the 6 bolt
pattern is WIDER than the 260.The flywheel is BIGGER for a 302,it uses 6 bolts
to attach to the crank instead of 5.The front bearing retainer for the
transmission is bigger than the 260.The bell housing needs holes drilled and
tapped to accept the smalleared early (260 style) because most 6 bolt bells
are set up for big eared,later 289/302 trannys.A lakewood bell  will not fit
into a Tiger without cutting one or the other.
 I do have a bracket on order from a cobra supplier that should work,it isnt
here yet.When it gets here this week I will tell the list about it after I
evaluate it.It comes with a good price
Tony

Dear sirs
 I am the owner of a 66 Mk1a SunbeamTiger.I am looking for a parts supplier
that can provide an OEM style clutch slave cylinder bracket to fit a later
model Ford 6-bolt style bellhousing so that I can put a 302 in my car and have
it maintain the appearance of being stock.I have a 260           (5 bolt ) in
my car.I am not looking to try and re-invent the wheel.This is something that
has been solved on later Shelby Cobras and I would assume thier clones as
well.I am just looking for info on a proven answer instead of a homemade one .
Thank you
Tony Frisbey
FrizB MG@Aol.com