Re: CRUSE CONTROL

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Subject: Re: CRUSE CONTROL
From: "Chris J. Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:28:15 -0500
BlueGolfer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/19/99 10:16:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> eee1@snowhill.com writes:
>
> >  I'm going to SUNI ,driving my Tiger. It's 2200 miles from here . As I'm not
> >  getting any younger, I could use a cruse control.
> Ed,
> It was great meeting you at SOS.  My brake problems appear to be caused by the
> servo.  I'm working on it.
>
> I haven't done a cruise control, but I'd be willing to be that some Street Rod
> magazines might have something you could use.  I'll check out a couple I have
> at home tonight.
>
> Rob Kempinski
> Melbourne Fl

I recently installed a Cruise Control unit a customer's 65 GTO.  It
wasn't a true (maintain speed of car) unit, but an older unit which only
controls engine RPM.  One could rig an old manual choke cable to the
carb's throttle arm for about $10.00.  The universal ones that are sold
at auto parts stores are junk.  Go to a wrecking yard and pull one out
of an old (pre-70s) Ford truck.  You would have to adjust it a bit if
you went over the Three Sisters Mountains, but it would ease the burden
of the foot throttle fatique syndrome (FTFS).

Chris in Trinidad