UK visit report

To: alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: UK visit report
From: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:29:26 -0500
Just back from 9 days in the UK.  (Sorry I missed you Wally, I got into
London late).
I went to the London Classic Motor Show and there were NO Sunbeams (did see
some Hillmans).  Even at the auto jumble there was very little Sunbeam
paraphanalia.  I saw no Sunbeams on the street either but I did see Minis,
TVRs, MGBs, MGCs, Jags, TR6, and a Midget.  The first person I met at a
business meeting had a picture of an Alpine in his office.  It turns out he
has an Alpine at home in his garage undergoing a lengthy restoration.  I
went over to his house to see it.  His was a Series 4 GT that he was trying
to put on a convertible top.  He is having problems with fitting the metal
folding cover on his conversion.  I seen to remember seeing that issue
addressed here before.  Does anyone have any tips I can pass along to him??

My mother in law spent last week in San Francisco and she saw about 5
Tigers on the street.  Something is wrong with this...

Chris