Re: Stroker VS. Big block

To: MWood24020@aol.com, twojohnsons@home.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stroker VS. Big block
From: KENMATTICE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:59:50 EST
The replacement block to the M-4 is just now available ( Siamese bores and
all) for $1600...Not needed for street weekend warrior use. The Mexican block
is heavier and many say inferior metallurgy and its usually even questionable
if .030" will clean them up. My engine builder, a long time engineer at Ford
SVO doesn't have any use for them. I say go with a std bore 1970 era  302
block (that will clean up at .020) or a new 302 block and don't bore it at
all.  Folklore has it that the more you bore.. the more heat management
problems that you are building into the system.
Regards
ken Mattice