Oil filter adapter

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filter adapter
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:59:41 -0800
Steve,

I have a Canton Billet Oil Filter Adapter installed on my car. You can view
this part at www.mustangsplus.com.index.htm. Go to the parts department and
look it up under oil pans. Its a nice part. The block portion is black
anodized aluminum and the mounting bolt is cad plated. I also installed a
remote oil filter mount, oil cooler and braided lines from Earls Supply,
The Earls mounting block is also a real nice billet part, and it was
cheaper than those crappy cast mounting blocks you see at the corner auto
parts store. I run CAT 1 5/8" headers, and have no fit problems and no oil
leaks. The block adapter resides within 3/8" of the #5 primary tube but I
can still remove the block adapter without any problems. I fought with a
lot of oil leaks from the stock oil filter adapter configuration for about
six months before I scrapped it and went with my present set-up. I am not
familiar with the Sunbeam Specialties headers you're using, so this info
may not be of any use. Thats my two cents.

Mike