Oil Filter Adapter

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filter Adapter
From: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:52:37 -0700
I have been running a remote oil filter on my Tiger for at least 15 years
but never did like the setup.  One of the oil lines exits the adapter at 90
degrees to the block which made it difficult to tighten, to remove, to do
anything.  So I have been looking for another adapter.

Motorsport has an adapter but the consensus from the Tiger group was that
it would not work with headers.  One of our group posted the other day
about an adapter from Mustangplus.com that shows both oil lines exiting
parallel to the block.  So I ordered one.  They are well made but, if you
have headers from CAT, the adapter will NOT fit without some modifications.

The adapter is about 4 inches round and I had to cut a chunk off.  If you
were to imagine a line tangent to the circumference of the adapter(let's
call this line A) and then imagine another line parallel to line A, but
about 3/8 of an inch from A, this is where I had to cut.

The adapter is about 2 inches thick so it took some time to cut through
with a hacksaw.  The adapter is now about 3/8 of an inch from one of the
header tubes and I am thinking about borrowing or begging a strip of header
wrap from somebody and wrapping the header, just in this location.

Hope this info will help others.