RE: Speedo Cable

To: "Sobol, Perry" <PSobol@comdial.com>, "'Tiger Net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo Cable
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:16:01 -0700
Sounds like you bought a Victoria British cable.  They simply don't fit.
Matter of fact, the consensus of the list in the past has been that this is
a big problem with most of their products.  Same thing happened with me and
my speedo cable.  My solution was to head down to the local Mustang shop,
grab a new Ford 65-66 cable and trim it to fit the Tiger in terms of length
and fit to the gauge.  Take GREAT care in matching exactly the amount of
cable that is fed into the speedo itself.  Too long and you run the risk of
damaging the speedo.

Best solution for easy fit, unless the PO did something real weird (which is
a possibility!) is to return your cable to wherever you got it and order one
from Rick at Sunbeam Specialties. Their stuff fits, period.

MTCW

Regards,

Allan