Re: Axles for lowering front end

To: Roger Foote <RogerF@ambri.com.au>
Subject: Re: Axles for lowering front end
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 19:24:21 -0400
At 11:16 AM 5/4/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Listers,
>       I have just placed a pair of front spindles on ebay - the ones that
>will lower the car about 7/8". I got them on a front suspension assembly
>that I bought and the guy I bought it from did not know what car it came
>off. I thought they would be from a Series V minx (15" wheels, ball joint
>front suspension and disc brakes) but the numbers do not match. The numbers
>forged into the axles are 1990442 and 1990443. The numbers listed in the
>Minx parts books are something else. Does anyone know what they are off?- or
>have they been superceded?  Anyway, they are the right ones to drop the
>front suspension for those of you out there who wish to do so. (Technical
>stuff: the dimension B on the front axle drawing in the Tiger workshop
>manual is 1.8". The same measurement on these axles is 2 11/16").  Happy
>bidding.  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=99381481
>       Cheers, Roger Foote

        Assuming that the spindles are interchangable with the Tiger
setup, this sounds like a solution for those who have changed to 15"
wheels.  The drop of your spindles would allow the front end to be only
.12" higher with 15 inch wheels and similar size tires.  It is getting
hard to find a good selection of 13" tires today.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others