REALLY Not so hot.....

To: "James Barrett" <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: REALLY Not so hot.....
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 16:43:18 -0700
Good point Jim (an embarrassed grimace begins to creep on to Allan's
face.....)

Sorry, but I musta had a few too many cervesa's when I wrote that reply.
(Allan's face is becoming profoundly red......)

Me thinks Dr. Bob knew it when he replied to your post as well, but he made
some semblance of sense.....(Allan's red face slowly morphs into
purple......)

What I MEANT to say is that I try to employ "pattern-matched-shifting"
during all shifting events, both up and downshift.  From my understanding
(there are many more knowledgeable than I on this subject,) pattern-matching
is making sure the RPM's match from one gear to another, providing for a
little less wear and tear on the drive train.

Sorry for the faux pas.  Will check my beer level before responding in the
future.......(Allan skulks into the far corner of the room and rolls into
the fetal position.....)

Regards,  <hick!!*?*>

Allan