Re: Girling Hydraulics

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Girling Hydraulics
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,

I can't speak for the servo rebuild, but you might want to do some
research regarding re-sleeving of master cylinders with stainless.
I've heard, but not personally verified the following:

1. That silicone brake fluid will seep past a stainless sleeve/cylinder
   interface.

2. That stainless sleeves must be interference fit into the master
   cylinder and that the aluminum they are made of is not strong enough
   for this purpose.  Another possible issue is the different thermal
   expansion rates for stainless and aluminum.

Roland