Fire in the hole, was RE: torker& carter AFB

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire in the hole, was RE: torker& carter AFB
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 08:47:22 -0700
A friend of mine had restored/customized a V12 Jag for his sister.  The engine
had six webers with foam elements.  The day his sister was supposed to pick up
the car he brought it into work to show it off.  He had the hood up with the
motor running, I was standing there when he blipped the throttle there was a
backfire that caught one of the foam elements on fire.  The fire spread to the
tuck and roll inner hood lining he had installed (not a great idea).  He
finally got the hood slammed shut while someone ran for an extinguisher but not
before the whole engine bay was alight.  When his sister arrived on a flight
from the east coast she was not sympathetic or amused.

Frank Marrone
marrone@wco.com