Re: Tiger engine misc.

To: Alpdavegre@aol.com, owner-tigers@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger engine misc.
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:17:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/99 4:11:06 AM, Alpdavegre@aol.com wrote:
David,

Don't have too much to say on items 1 and 2.

>Third, as I look at the diagram on Ricks S.S. cataloge i see what appears to
>be spacer plates between the engine and the motor mounts. Is this correct?
If
>it is then can someone give me the thickness of the spacers. Are they
>important for any alignment of the drivetrain?
There are heat shields and washers between the engine mount and the engine.
There is a diagram that Cullen made on Mark Olson's web page.  I made a set
for my Tiger.  Note, the spacers and heat shield will raise the motor a
little.  So pay attention if you are using a high rise manifold.  The 1/4
inch or so could make a difference.

>Fourth, is there a trick to getting the T-bar out of the shifter handle on
>the original shifter? I see a small wire going down through the T-bar.

The wire is brazed to the bottom of the tab that pulls up when activated.
Un-braze it to replace the T-handle (and to get the assembly rechromed).  You
can have it rebrazed or drill and tap an allen bolt into the bottom of the
shift handle.

Have fun.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl