Re: BBR, Sane drivers, safe streets, yadda, yadda, yadda...

To: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: BBR, Sane drivers, safe streets, yadda, yadda, yadda...
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:28:22 -0400
At 10:10 PM 5/17/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey Gang,

>... In unison, we released the clamps, and stripped the velcro.
>Where can I buy a replacement accelerator cable that runs from the
>accelerator to the carb linkage? Just a little ol' short thing, maybe a
>foot or so long?
>--Colin Cobb
Colin,
        I noticed that the rag top on my other 65 Tiger parts
has a wire in the side of it instead of velcro.  This Tiger
had the doors you were describing.  Is it possible that you have
a Tiger II top that you are trying to fold into a Mark 1
opening. I have no Idea when the rag top was changed to velcro.
Any one know?

        I replace my throttle cable with 1/16 SS braided wire from the
local Home Depot or equivilent store.  30 to 50 cents is wasted for a
couple of feet of this wire.  Do have to jury rig the fittings on
both ends of the new wire.  Recommend drilling out the old broken
wire and crimping & silver soldering the new flexable wire in.  In my case the
configuration is slightly different as I have a variable rate throttle
linkage so I can drive the 351c in town without smoking the tires
every time. (of course I oil smoke everything at the moment).

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others