Re: Stripped ...

To: "Parlanti, Joe" <Joe.Parlanti@hyprotech.com>
Subject: Re: Stripped ...
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:38:11 -0400
At 09:42 AM 5/18/99 -0600, you wrote:

>While changing the oil in the Tiger the other day, I noticed what looked to
>be a spring sticking out of the drain plug hole. Turns out, it was the
>threads from the hole. I've always been a little worried about the plug,
>because it looks to have been repaired at one time, but it went in just
>fine. Anyway, what are my options? New pan, repair the hole, oversize plug?
>
>Joseph Parlanti
        Joe,
        Sounds like this is a perfect excuse to get a 500+ cubic inch
motor from Ford motorsports ( and maybe a supercharger too along with the
bottle)and slap it in in place of the 260 with the terrible damage. ;-).
        You can get oversized oil pan plugs from the local auto parts
store.  They are self tapping and tend to enlarge the hole even more.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others