Re: Prince of Darkness sees the light.

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Prince of Darkness sees the light.
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:07:40 GMT
Jim:
Interesting you should mention Lucas and plastics because that is the
division that Jack worked for at Lucas. He claimed that Lucas plastics were
some of the best around. When I think of it he may be right. I have lots of
Lucas switches that are 30 - 40 years old and unless they are smashed the
plastic components are intact. When you install them darkness is likely to
prevail but the plastic is still good.
I took my TIGER's old 260 badges to Jack to see if he could replace the
chrome finish. He could not but was intrigued to learn that Lucas was the
supplier of many of the chrome plastic badges, horn buttons, radio knobs,
etc. of the day. His description of the chroming process that Lucas has was
fascinating and is one of the things that I hope to document on Video with
him.
Godspeed
Jc