Re: to pvc or not to pvc

To: Scott Lampert <netscott@earthlink.net>, Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: to pvc or not to pvc
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:01:47
Scott,

I expect that just about everyone on the List, at least those who drive
their Tigrs regularly on the street, use a PCV (Positive Crankcase
Ventilation) valve. It has a number of advantages, like providing a flow of
filtered air through the crankcase and scavenging the engine blowby fumes.
If there is no baffle where the PCV valve goes, there are aftermarket
solutions available that are essentially plug-in baffles. Some racers even
use a separate collector can to trap any oil that might be sucked out. I
suspect that Moroso is one source for such a device. I would recommend you
try and use a PCV valve rather than using one or two breather caps. You'll
breath easier too.

Bob

At 02:09 PM 5/21/99 +0000, Scott Lampert wrote:
>is it better to not run a pvc and just go with breathers caps on the
>valve covers?
>i would think that it would be just another place to loose vacume at the
>intake.
>also i am running valve covers with no baffels in them, so i think it
>will just suck more oil in the intake.
>
>scott

Bob Palmer
UCSD, AMES Dept.