Re: New Alpine

To: Jay Laifman <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: Re: New Alpine
From: Timothy Obrien <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gang,
I know I have threatened this before... but now is the time to do it.

Impending separation requires I rid myself of "Daddy's Dirty Car". A 66 SV
with a lot of work to be done on it. A lot.

I have figured out a timetable. The car needs to be gone  by the 4th of
July.

So..

First I offer it to Jarrid. He can have it if he comes up and picks it up.
Free. This is in response to all the great work he has done for this list,
the time spent  answering many many questions from anybody and everybody.

If he doesn't want it, It is for sale for $400. A great project car
requiring lots of work. Possibly limited to replacing the interior, tuning
it up, and sorting out the electrical system. Of course, welding in a new
outer rocker panel on the drivers side, and a couple of floor pans.

So if no one on the list wants it, I will put an ad in the Merc News to
sell it for parts. This will take place about June 7th.

If there is no response to that. I will sell the very nice set of chromed
bumbers, the rebuilt carbs with intake manifold, the metal parts for the
soft top, any doors, hoods, gas tanks, motor for rebuild, transmission for
whatever.  etc. Whatever is left on the 1st of July I will haul away. Or
give away if you all want it.

So any inquires... vbob@primenet.com. I will send you phone number if you
contact me. The car is in San Jose.

tim o'brien