Re: TT hoods

To: spook01@mindspring.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TT hoods
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 00:19:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/99 8:22:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
spook01@mindspring.com writes:

<< I want to state that I don't beleve that TT is putting out lousy parts to
 rip people off, but I DO think that whoever is making these hoods needs to
 clean up the mould, and do a little rethinking on how the hoods are made. >>

Ray-
For whatever it is worth, I didn't take your inital post as a "slam" of TT,
but interpreted it as a warning to all who would like to install a LAT type
hood. No matter what the source, these hoods are not a "bolt on" type fit and
will require some massaging and TLC to be esthetically pleasing. I have known
individuals who had the same type of experience and complaints in fitting NOS
LATs popped in the '60s.
It appears that TT sells all their stuff in good faith and are willing to
stand behind their product. Once the heat dies down, they probably will
revisit some of the design parameters cited...
Mike