RE: TT fiberglass hood from hell

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: TT fiberglass hood from hell
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:51:31 -0700
Funny,  Kent came out of hiding just last week and we were chatting about
his hoods.

He echoed much of what Bob noted in his post with a few additional caveats.
He recently acquired an Alpine off which he will use it as a base for a new
fresh mold, rather than modifying his old mold as he has done in the past.
He is also considering supplying the "finished" product in the future in a
less-than-finished format to allow for better fitting.  I.E. a little larger
to allow for trimming / sanding to fit with the same gap all around the
hood.

Bottom-line as Kent will tell you, because of the way our Tigers were
manufactured, EVERY hood from EVERY supplier will require some sort of
fitting.  He says he always warns his potential customers that this is NOT a
bolt-on project.

Regards,

Allan