Re: Topless is Best

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <daniel@htg.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Topless is Best
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:22:42 -0400
Like most people w/Tigers here in New England, I had a hardtop---mainly because
I stumbled on to one at a good price years ago. But because of Tiger floorboard
heat from chrome club headers (not a good idea)and an addiction to top-down
driving, the hardtop spent most of its life in storage. If the weather got bad,
raise the soft top.
    I'll bet someone on the list with a need for some bucks will let his Hardtop
go for less than $1500-which seems high for a restoration. A lot are still
around because when Alpines were scrapped--as many were--the hardtops were
usually saved.
    But what makes you think you'll use it when you get it???
Al J.