Re: Topless is Best

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topless is Best
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:37:17 -0700
DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:

> The 5" and 7" servos are the same for Tigers and Alpines.
> Be careful rebuilding it. Follow the instructions and you'll
> have not problem.
>
> Dave Johnson

Dave,

Hate to disagree, but....  The 7" MkIIA was a Tiger MkII
fitting, and is a tight squeeze, with some bolt-on mount
bending required.  It is so close that you really have to watch
the vacuum hose routing and make it along the firewall.  BTDT.

There are also differences in the boost ratio amongst the
various Girling, and especially Lockheed replacement units,
ranging from 2:1 to 3:1.  Watch the casting on the servo for
primary and secondary bore sizes, if present.  Your Master
Cylinder should of course, be stock.  Changing that to one of
the various Alpine units can make life easier without the
servo, but but you thru the windshield when you get too much
boost, and a different pedal travel.

Don't know all the internal workings, and may be wrong about
boost ratios amongst the same diameter Girling, but know that
the Lockheed units can be quite different.  I prefer 3:1. with
the stock M.C.

Actually, my son Jay has done the most extensive work in this
area,  and has sent e-mails on the subject.  I'll forward it as
soon as I can find where I filed it.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/