Re: list lurker uncovered (distributor)

To: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: list lurker uncovered (distributor)
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 21:04:32 -0400
At 07:11 AM 5/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
...bam! 30 degrees initial, Im like WTF I know I had this at 12 deg last time
>it was checked. I yanked the cap and grabbed the rotor and it didn't move
>so I twisted hard and broke it loose. What had happened is the car sat
>outside after me and the X split up last November and the moisture got to
>the advance cam and weights, I pulled the advance cam out and cleaned off
>all the rust, put it back together and it's back to running perfect....
>Bill
              Great technical info, I had heard of sticking advance
before ; but this takes the cake.  Sort of like my vacuum advance that
worked too well when the internal pot metal stop broke off.  I wasted
 over $1000 trying to solve that problem.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others