tiger for sale

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: tiger for sale
From: Windsor Owens <wowens@etec.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:50:36 -0700
I'm posting this for a guy whose tiger I looked at but passed on, (to big a
project for me!).  Anyhow, it is a Mk1 tiger, unknown mileage, and it
appears to be a non-north american car, for the badges all say "alpine".
So, maybe a south african car or....  It does appear to be a real factory V8
and not a alpine conversion.  The car is rough, has rusty rear quarters
(horizontal metal is rusted through and is creeping up to the vertical part
of the fender) but the rockers looked solid, with a little bubbling on the
rear of the passenger side rocker.  Front inner fenders were solid.  floor
is covered in surface rust, but it did not poke thru with a screwdriver
anywhere that I tried, so I wouldn't expect holes bigger than a nickel or a
quarter at worst on the floor pan.  Drivers side front has been hit, fixed
so-so years ago.  Hard top is there but is garbage, toatlly rusted out.  Car
is not currently running, but supposedly did 10 years ago.  Missing radiator
shroud and coolant over flow and maybe booster, but has air filter.  I think
that the guy wants between $3k-$4k for it.  I'd say the car is restorable,
and due to its rarity as an alpine V8, it is probably worth it.  It just
needs the right person to give it the TLC and put in the unlimited hours.
The car is in the Sacramento, Ca. area.  Contact Larry Guenther @ (530)
756-9220.

Windsor Owens