RE: Pulley Hooey

To: "'edalsj@igs.net'" <edalsj@igs.net>
Subject: RE: Pulley Hooey
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:41:32 -0600
Hi John, and Listers,

Well, imagine that.
At lunchtime today I went to the local Pick Your Part and I'm now the proud
owner of four scruffy Ford water pump pulleys. Between them they have three
different diameters (5.5", 6", and 6.75") and three different 'hat heights'
(spanning about a quarter inch). I'm going to determine what fits best, get its
center hole machined out, and then I'll let you all know what the part is. Maybe
I'll make a bunch of them at the same time :)
My local industrial Ford parts dealer (Ford - New Holland) told me that the
crank pulley part number was obsolete (Quote from the parts person: "Sunbeam
Tiger? Is that a forklift or something?"), and they couldn't help with the water
pump pulley either. If anyone locates a NOS or reproduction source for these
things, let the list know; it sounds like I'm not the only one improperly
aligned.

Cheers,

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca