Pulleys and Tiger Pages

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pulleys and Tiger Pages
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:26:19 -0600
Hi Listers,

Last night I pulled the water pump and crank pulleys off of my Tiger and
compared the stackup height against the new crank pulley I was going to put on,
combined with one of the four pulleys I got from the autowreckers. By 'stackup
height' I mean the height you get when you stack up the crank and water pump
pulleys; if the old set had good alignment between the pulley sheaves, then
matching the total height of those two pulleys with another pulley set will also
give good alignment. The best match I got was with part D20E-8509-AA, a 6"
diameter pulley. I test fit it to the car and it looks good there as well. Note
that when I removed the water pump pulley I found that the pump flange had been
turned flat face forward (i.e. in the conventional orientation), and had 5"
spacing from the flange to the pump mounting face. I had another pulley, part
number E0BE-8509-AA, that was about 1/8" shorter, and about 5.5" diameter, so
this might be a better fit for an original pump that was spaced at 4.875", but
you'd have to machine the center hole on the pulley. The D20E part was from a
mid-eighties Ford LTD V8 (pre-serpentine belt), and the E0BE was from an '80 6
cylinder Mustang (to the best of my recollection).

http://members.home.net/tsmit/tiger1.html represents my first public effort at a
web page (click the picture for an enlargement). I'll try to keep it up to date
and if you have any suggestions, let 'er rip.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705