Akerman Geometry and Chateau Elan

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Akerman Geometry and Chateau Elan
From: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:46:55 -0400
I saw Don and Penny Johnson's Tiger at Chateau Elan 2 weeks ago.  It had
the MG quick steering rack and the longer steering arms.  Don said he
thought it cured much of the Ackerman problem.  Has anyone else done this
and actually done the measurement of the angles?  Does it materially
correct the problem.  Is there a version available with a "slow" steering
rack?  My tiger is twitchy enough with the smaller steering wheel.
On a ?related? note, another fellow Tiger owner was backing into his spot
at the show on uneven grass.  He cut his steering wheel to straighten out
and sheered his ball joint.  (And we all know how painful that can be ;-)
On a positive note, there were about 14 Sunbeams in attendance this year.
12 in the show and 2 visitors.

Chris