Re: Ebay, rivets, etc.

To: Joe Hankins <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Ebay, rivets, etc.
From: "geewhiz@inreach.com" <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:57:20 -0700
Joe Hankins wrote:

> You guys are missing the point!  If my Tiger was missing its mirror, and my
> choice was to pay $200 for a replacement or spend the next 5 years searching
> flea markets and autojumbles trying to find one for $20, I'd gladly pay the
> $200, since I'm not the sort that enjoys the thrill of the chase, as it
> were. Or, to put it another way,  would you sell the original mirror out of
> your car for $200?
>
> By the way, have you ever calculated what a recent model car would cost if
> you bought the parts individually?
>
> In case you're wondering, I don't sell parts. I buy them. Just ask Jan
> Harde!
>
> Joe

I suppose the absurdity of this $200 mirror comes to light when you
price used mirrors.  I bought a nice used one from SS for $30 a few
years back.  $200 for a mirror?!  No thanks!

Maybe the guy who paid $200 on ebay got caught up in the thrill of the
chase, and didn't check his alternatives.

Caveat emptor!

Gerard
--
BOB Oil Recovery System: http://www.bob2000.com