Re: Insurance

To: laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:15:34 EDT
Bart, et al

Beware that Stated Value insurance does not say that
if you insure your Tiger for $20K ststaed value that they
will pay you $20K if it were stolen, etc.  It states that
they will put up to $20K and no more.  What this  does
is set an upper limit to their liablility.  You must document
with pictures and appraisals to prove the value of your car.
Also special cars insurance come with many restrictions,
2500 mi/ year, no racing, never leaving it unattended, etc.

I found that having it appraise and getting normal insurance
the best way to go.  I my car is damaged that would pay to
have it repaired regardless of cost and with no upper limit.

I know that there are other net members who are insurance
experts.  Any comments,

Dave Johnson.