car-o-scope (BBR, little 'Beam content)

To: Alpines List <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: car-o-scope (BBR, little 'Beam content)
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:24:21 -0600
Hey Guys,

And annudda t'ing...

Now that everybody is back from SUNI, how about some of you going to the
Tappet Brothers' site and
completing their questionnaire for Sunbeam owners so's I can take the profile
exam and find out if I am
truly suited to own either the Tiger or the Alpine?

I took the exam and found I was totally unsuited to both our Alfa and our
Subaru... Click and Clack said
I was too neat (a comment that STILL has my wife laughing) and too caring
(ditto) and too rich for the
Alfa and too poor for the Subaru and not snobbish enough for either one...
Click and Clack recommend
that I immediately get myself into (ahem!) a Caddy or (for Christ's sake!) a
BUICK! Or start taking snob
lessons...

I tried to take the exam for Sunbeams and Morgans but the Tappet Brothers say
there is "insufficient
data." So, if you guys all go to the site and fill in the questionnaire for
your
'Beams, I can go back and learn if I can keep my 'Beams or have to sell them
soonest.

http://www.cartalk.cars.com/Survey/Results/Psychographics/caroscopes.html

While you are at the site take the exam for your grocery-getters and
parts-chasers. And if you guys also
come up with recommendations for Caddies or (for Christ sakes!) Buicks, I will
know that this is just
another scam these two MIT refugees have come up with to make tons o' bucks
while avoiding honest
labor.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA