Air Filters for those with hood scoops

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Filters for those with hood scoops
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:14:06 -0400
Folks,
        After a dozen messages about the K&N air filters I
just have to put my 2 cents in.  If your Tiger can stand to
have an Air filter stack assembly exactly 2 1/2 inches high
using the original Tiger AC filter mounting assembly, then
use any of the following air filters:
 (All must be distorted from round to oval).

STP  SAF-50A
AC   A355C
FRAM CA324A
FRAM CA5033
Motorcraft FA612R
Puro AFP83-1

Problem is that it cost you $3 to $5 each and you can only
find them at almost every discount auto store in the world.
 They also fit a very rare car called a Mustang.

        As these filters are taller than the original Tiger
filter one should be able to get more CFM into the carb
with less restriction to the flow.  I use them on my 351C.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others