Re: Phew....it's hot out there

To: c1967@email.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Phew....it's hot out there
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:21:28 -0700
Scott,

I have a generally good impression about Red Line products and use their
synthetic oils in my transmission and differential. I have on a couple of
occasions in the past used WaterWetter, although I can't say I saw any
noticeable effect on operating temperature in my case. I believe that
WaterWetter is primarily designed to help with cooling systems that use
100% water. On the other hand, I infer from their sales pitch that it may
not be very useful when your coolant is more than 30% glycol. In fact, they
sell a special version for engines that use more than this percentage
glycol coolant. See, for example, the Red Line Web page that describes this
product:

         http://www.redlineoil.com/watrwet.htm

I would be interested to hear what other people who have used it more
extensively than I have to say.

BTW, a lot of people would be very happy to have their Tigers running only
210F on a hot day. ;-)

TTFN,

Bob

At 11:44 PM 7/13/99 -0400, c1967@email.com wrote:
>Hello Listers:
>While driving in the heat today my Tiger hit 210 degrees, the electric fan
>came on and I got out of traffic and moved to cool the engine down. Going
>back over the Vincent Tomas bridge cooled the car, but wasn't where I
>wanted to be. I remember the Vette crowd talking about something called
>"Redline Water Wetter" to cool C4 Vettes down. Added to the radiator, it
>is supposed to transfer heat better and drop temperatures 15-20 degrees
>over regular coolant. Anybody used this stuff before?  Does it work? Is it
>ok to use?
>Scott
>MKI

>FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com