351 in my tiger, etc.

To: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Subject: 351 in my tiger, etc.
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:11:50 -0700
At 01:18 PM 7/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I certainly agree with both Mike and Joe.  Why would any Tiger enthusiast in
>his right mind want to hack up a MK II?  Or a Mk I, for that matter?  In my
>view, such an undertaking would not only be sacrilegious, it would certainly
>lower the value of the car.
>
>If you want to put a Dodge V-10 into something other than a Viper or Ram,
>would you use a Geo Metro or a Flip-top Cobra?  I mean, these are tough
>questions here.  In case you choose the Cobra, I'm sure somebody who has
>already destroyed one will be happy to post extensive instructions to this
>list.
>
>What do you think, Tim?  Maybe a tech tip on this could be used in the next
>STOA newsletter in lieu of the recipes?
>
>Dick Barker

In the defense of those of us that choose to modify our Tigers, I can
simply say that some of us were never completely satisfied with the car as
delivered and we choose to alter the car to fit our own standards.  I think
having a variety of modified cars to examine is vastly more informative and
meaningful than examining a row of stockers to determine if the decals on
the coil are original or reproduction.

The personalities and talents of the owners are more apparent in
personalized or modified Tigers.  Some of us actually enjoy stretching the
technological envelope as a challenge.  I don't think it has anything to do
with the "value" of the car. We offer the TAC Program to advance that aspect.

BTW the recipes come from the President and I make no attempt to edit or
explain them.  I have enough to do to maintain the flow of semi-interesting
technical information.  Who's Tim?

BTW2..... We just got a letter form the Monterey Auction Company seeking
our help in locating "classic cars" to sell at their auctions.  In case you
don't remember the name , this is the company that sold what they
apparently knew was an Alpine "conversion" (As is, Where is) for $32k last
year at Pebble Beach.  What response do you and members of this list think
is appropriate.

Tom Hall