Some Parts for $$

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Some Parts for $$
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:03:36 EDT
I will be moving back west next spring/summer and I need to start reducing my
pile of stuff. I have the follwoing for sale:
my old race motor
1) 289 5 bolt block
2) 289 200hp crank
3) 289 200 hp heads converted to screw in rocker studs
4) Boss 302 oil pan
5) Melling High pressure/High Volume oil pump
6) 11.5 pop up pistons
7) Cloyes true roller timing chain
8) Crane Ram Sonic Cam - this puppy is radical
9) Crane solid lifters

I'd like to get 500 bucks for the above. Everything is vintage and has not
been turned or run in many years so would need good rebuild.

I have one of those Cast Steel bellhousings made by Wedge. Fits the 5 bolt
block and has a removeable bottom so that those pesky clutches and throw out
bearings can be replaced without removing the engine or tranny. This was once
approved by NHRA and has that cast into the bellhousing. I'd like to get $650
for this doodad. It really is rare.

I have an Edlebrock F4B manifold. Likewise this is reasonably rare and so the
price for it is $150.

I have a set of Hipo 289 rods that I bought from Gary Schotland. These need
rod bolts. I paid $395 for them, that's what I''l take.

I have quite a few Alpine items that I removed from the World"s Fastest
Sunbeam wannabie. Most is rust bucket stuff, but there is a rear end
complete, some really junk wire wheels, a radiator which is pretty good,
alternator, voltage regulator, a windshield that needs to be buffed (has a
wiper blade scratch), 2 of those little door windows, front suspension,
although the crossmember was being modified when I changed directions but I
could return it to alpine config with a little welding. Steering column, box,
linkages, some under dash stuff like 2 speed heater motor that probably need
refurbishment...make me an offer on some or all of the parts. I need to get
rid of these also.

I also have 2 MG steering arms for those so inclined to mod their Tiger to
minimally correct the ackerman angle problem. This would require new rod ends
and slight modification of the arms to make fit (the attachment hole are not
spaced exactly like the Tigers, an oversize drill bit through each would
fix.). And you would likely have to run 15 inch wheels... paid 25 for these,
that's all I want.

I prolly have some other stuff also, like a 3 x 2 manifold and carbs for
390/427/428 FE that could be had for 700 bucks.

Well nuff for now. E-mail me with your fantastic offers!

mayf