Flamingoes and brakes...

Subject: Flamingoes and brakes...
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 17:10:08 -0600
Hey Guys,

Now, if y'all wanna start ddickin' away on ppink fflamingoes, what will be next?

To maximize driveability I decided to modefile my '65 Tigger by reinstalling
the brake booster and changing the brake fluid and bleeding the brakes. I
started at the left rear and eventually managed to get the bleeder nipple open
even though some ham handed DPO had torqued it to about 500 pounds vice the
specked 5 to 7 lbs...

Thinking to get the "hard" parts out of the way early, I moved to the left
front where I promptly twisted the damned bleeder off... Sigh... Having no fun
at the front of the car, I returned to the left trear.

I did finally get nice clean fluid out and got the left rear bled but on the
very next stroke of the brake pedal the left front caliper piston sealing ring
blew. Not altogether unexpected considering the lock-up awhile back, but still
a pain...

Does anyone have any advice relative to rebuilding the front brakes? Long as
I've got the damned garage ankle deep in brake fluid I might as well rebuild
'em all...

--Coin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'65 Tiger