Tiger/Vette

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger/Vette
From: charles paul <c1967@email.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:47:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Duncan:
The people on the "Vettenet" would smoke me pretty badly if they read this
post I'm afraid! I've owned a very nice '62 Vette and am selling a '67 now.
The '62 straight (live) axle car was a great looking car, but very
unforgiving on the highway and cornering.  If the rear end moved at all in a
corner, you skidded in a straight line off toward the grass along the road.
It also was very bumpy and twitchy when going at speed.  It was not a car to
drive fast.  The '67 took care of most of the twitches and bumps with it's
independent rear suspension.  It also though is no car to slide around a
curve, although much more respectable then it's predecessor.  It still
floats at high speed, rattles, and twists in curves just before becoming
full of oversteer.  Neither Vette suffered the least from overheating.  Both
are great cruising an the highway cars.  I've had a Tiger for just over a
month.  My 65 MkI has a 289, forged pistons, performer intake, cam...etc.
It was built by a fellow who loved to put together go fast engines.  It
corners solidly, but you have to lay of the throttle in the curve.  Its
small wheelbase makes it unsteady under cornering with power.  It has
blinding acceleration and is very solid and stable on the highway. The
difference between the Vettes and the Tiger is handling.  The Tiger does not
float or twist.  It's little wheels (13") and solid body construction make
it a tight package. The Vettes plastic twists and shake along with its loose
suspension.  Get the Vette if you are going to cruise, have an everyday
driver, or don't need road performance.  You can't beat the Vette for
comfort on the straight highway.  If you want adrenaline rush performance,
get the Tiger.
Scott
B9471989