Tigers VS Corvette's

To: "'charlton@flash.net'" <charlton@flash.net>,
Subject: Tigers VS Corvette's
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:44:25 -0700
Duncan,
I presently own a B9472658 (65 MK-1), essentially stock (0.030 over 289 with
stock close ratio tranny and 2.88 rear). I have previously owned a 1959
corvette convertible (283 with 2ea 550 4barrels (factory over-kill) 4 speed
and 3.55 rear), a 1967 vette (327 with single big Quadrajet and a 3 speed
hydromatic) and a 1981 fastback (tugboat with a 350 and slush-O-matic four
speed).
The 59 was hot in the summer (no AC) hard to steer (no PS or rack steering,
bias ply tires, but it did have a BIG steering wheel). It was a bitch to
work on but it did look nice and fairly quick off the line, with no top end
to speak_of.
The 67 was an OK driver but nothing really outstanding. No room to carry any
luggage and it got terrible gas mileage (plus the windshield leaked
terribly).
The 81 was just a daily driver. It could barely get out of its own shadow,
but it would cruise down the highway with tall gears (2.08).
The Tiger, however will break both of them loose coming off the line and
keep them that way unless you let up for a split_second and then punch her
again for the thrill of adrenaline (read that acceleration). Then go for 2nd
at around 60mph and get another side twitch as they momentarily break loose
in second gear. You can keep this up until you run out of gears and
petal_metal at which time (as the old song goes "Wow, the telephone poles
look like a picket fence...". In one word, YES, the Tiger is better than any
or all the Corvettes put together, in my humble Opinion (but as you said,
I'm biased)

Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA