Re: Importing a canadian tiger to California

To: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Importing a canadian tiger to California
From: "herbeam" <herbeam@cari.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:24:25 -0700
Vehicles prior to 1968 to my knowledge are exempt from U.S Dot
specifications and Ca Law (SB 42) granted us exemption from smog check if
your vehicle was built prior to 1976.  There is a duty on used cars but it
is small and I'm quite sure that they couldn't charge more than the car cost
new. For more information go to the  customs.ustreas.gov on the internet.