Re: Non Tiger advice needed immediately

To: CoolVT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non Tiger advice needed immediately
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:15:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/99 5:34:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CoolVT@aol.com
writes:

<< How does anyone think the 3.55 will affect the gas mileage and if it turns
 out poor, how expensive a job would it be to have a local shop change back
 a standard ratio. >>

Mark-
I don't think the drop from 3.27s to 3.55s will have a drastic effect of
mileage. The AOD is a pretty deep overdrive, if I remember correctly. Also,
you have to know that Ford wouldn't offer the gear if it was a big hit on
mileage, due to CAFE regs.
With that heavy a car, not a lot of low end power etc. I am sure you would
have been looking into 3.55s soon after purchase if you had the 3.27s!
Mike